General Rules and Regulations
- 1. Entry Period
- Entries will be accepted from 20th February to 2nd August 2013. No entry form will
be accepted after the deadline. Please avoid subject clashes, as no refund will
- (a) It is the responsibility of the candidates to check the correctness of his/her
entries and to ensure that the appropriate fees are paid. WAEC shall not take responsibility
for any error, oversight or default made by
- (b) WAEC reserves the right to cancel any entry at any stage before the Examination,
if it is found to be irregular.
- (c) WAEC reserves the right to refuse entries which do not satisfy the regulations
of the examination. Entries which do not arrive before the closing date or which
are not accompanied by the correct fees will be
- (d) No candidate will be permitted to sit at an examination centre other than the
one he/she has chosen.
- (e) WAEC would not refund fees. When entries are rejected or cancelled, any fees
paid may be refunded in full but deductions may be made at the discretion of the
Registrar, to meet any administrative costs incurred.
- (f) WAEC reserves the right to cancel the script of a candidate in a subject/paper
for which he/she did not enter.
- (g) The candidate’s witness must be from the following categories, to whom
the candidate is personally known:
- (i) A Clergyman (Imam or Reverend)
(ii) A Senior Civil Servant
(iii) A Qualified Medical Doctor
(iv) A Solicitor/Barrister at Law
(v) Principal of a Recognized Secondary School, Technical Institute Training College,
- 2. Photograph
- A recent photograph, on white background, must be submitted to the
Council at the time of registration.
- The dimension of the photograph should be as follows:
Width 160 pixels
Height 200 pixels
No glasses on
No hat or cap on
Both ears must appear
Eyes must be opened
- It is very important that the candidate states his/her full permanent postal
address on his/her Entry Form. Change of address should be reported to WAEC without
- 4. Correspondence
- In all correspondence with WAEC, please state the examination you have entered for,
your name, identification number, and address clearly written in block letters.
- 5. Fees, Including Cost of Scratch Card, Biometric registration and Examination
A composite fee for the biometric registration of Le515,000.00 ( FIVE HUNDRED and FIFTEEN thousand Leone) is payable for the Examination, this must be paid in bank draft and forwarded to the West African Examinations Council, FREETOWN or the branch offices in BO, KENEMA, and MAKENI following which a scratch card would be issued to you to facilitate your registration online.
- 6. Note
- Examination fees are not transferable from one examination to another.
Candidates must pay by Bank Draft only, direct to the Council’s office in
Bo, Freetown, or Makeni
- 7. Science Subjects
- There will be no laboratory practical tests in Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Agricultural
- 8. Typewriting
- A Candidate in the Western Area offering Typewriting should come along with his/her
typewriter on the day of the examination to the West African Examinations Council,
Tower Hill, Freetown. A candidate in the provinces should take his/her typewriter
to his/her examination centre in Bo, Kenema, or Makeni.